Campus development update: April 2017
Posted 11 April 2017
Biological Sciences Precinct
- Construction of the new building is virtually complete and occupation of the building will take place progressively from early April to mid-May 2017.
- Minor refurbishment of the lower ground floor of the adjacent Bioscience Building link wing will be undertaken between May and September 2017
- Undergraduate teaching in the new teaching laboratories on Ground floor and Level 1 will commence at the beginning of Semester 2, 2017.
- A community forum was held in February 2016. Feedback received at this event from local stakeholders is being incorporated into an updated design concept.
- A State Significant Development Application is being prepared and will be lodged shortly.
Electrical Engineering Building Renewal
- Work on the Northern Building is well under way, with internal demolition due for completion in late April 2017.
- A tower crane will be lifted into place in late April and construction amenities for the site will be installed throughout May 2017.
- The Northern Building is due for completion by February 2018. After this, work will commence on the Southern Building.
- Internal and external demolition work is now almost complete.
- Work has commenced on a cantilevered structure for a new exterior space.
- The redevelopment is due for completion by December 2017.
Science and Engineering Building
- Main construction works will commence from late April 2017.
- Construction amenities and walkways are being installed throughout April to ensure student, staff and campus visitor safety around the site.
- The project is due for completion in 2019.