Staff ID cards
How do I obtain a Staff ID Card?
New UNSW staff members are automatically added to the ID card system.
Staff ID cards are available from the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2, Mathews (F23) between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. You should try to collect your ID card within your first week at UNSW.
Please note: From 2016 staff cards are issued without an expiry date.
How do I order a replacement UNSW Staff ID Card?
Lost, stolen or damaged cards
You can have your card replaced at the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2 Mathews (F23) between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If your card is lost or stolen, please email email@example.com to cancel your existing card, so it cannot be used illegally.
- Replacement cards take approximately one hour to activate after issue.
- Your UNSW staff ID card should never be lent to other people.
- Any misuse of your card will be identified back to your name. If Security and Traffic Management office identify misuse of a UNSW ID card, the card will be confiscated.
- A fee of $25.00 may apply for lost/misplaced staff or visitor ID cards. UNSW Staff are eligible for one free ID card replacement, but the $25.00 charge will apply for any subsequent losses.
If your card is due to expire soon, you can have your card replaced at the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2 Mathews (F23) between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. There is no replacement fee for expired cards.
Please note: If your card has been expired for more than three months, you may need to request building access via the Administration Team in your faculty/school/division.
External staff (people who are not on the UNSW payroll) must pay $25.00 for a new or replacement ID card. The fee is not charged for the replacement of an expired card, if you present the old card.
How do I obtain building access?
Your building access must be authorised by the Administration Team in your faculty/school/division. Access is generally authorised when a card is first issued. Any additional requests for access should also be made via your local Admin team.
Building access process
- Discuss the areas to which you require access with your manager.
- Ensure you carefully read the Staff ID Terms and Conditions on myUNSW.
- The Administration Team in your area will email firstname.lastname@example.org to process the request.
- Access to requested areas will be available within one to two working days.
**New Online Payment System Now Available**
Web online payments now available for ID Cards and Lanyards
UNSW Security and Traffic Management have introduced a web online payment system to allow UNSW staff and contractors to pay for their replacement ID cards or to purchase lanyards online before they arrive on campus.
Contractors need to complete the FM Online Contractor Induction Training prior to making a payment. Induction forms are to be signed by the FM Project Manager and presented to the Parking and Transport Management Office. ID cards will not be issued unless the induction form is signed.
Please contact FM Assist at 9385 5111 or email@example.com for more information regarding FM online inductions.
The online payment system will generate a receipt and email it to you. You can present the email or receipt to the Security and Traffic Management counter, located on Level 2, Mathews (F23) between 8am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information, contact us on 9385 5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org